The grades we offer range among the following:
• AA – A Premium face grade for exclusive uses such as architectural paneling and interiors, case goods, and quality furniture.
• A – Where AA is not required but excellent appearance is still important.
• B – Where the natural characteristics and appearance of the species are desirable.
• C – Allows for unlimited color and increased natural characteristics. Perfect for applications where an economical panel is needed.
• D and E – Provide sound surfaces but allow unlimited color variation. Allow repairs in increasing size ranges. Apply where surface will be hidden or a more rustic character is desired.
Back grade descriptions:
Back grades are designed by numbers: 1, 2, 3, and 4. Requirements of grade 1 are most restrictive, with grades 2, 3, and 4 being progressively less restrictive. Grades 1 and 2 provide sound surfaces with all openings in the veneer repaired except for vertical worm holes not larger than 1.6mm (1/6”). Grades 3 and 4 permit some open defects. Grade 3 can be obtained with repaired splits, joints, bark pockets, laps, and knot-holes to achieve a sound surface if specified by the buyer. Grade 4 permits knot-holes up to 102mm (4”) in diameter and open splits and joints limited by width and length.
To complete our full line of Plywood, we offer you with Import hardwood panels in addition to our domestic line. With a range of availability of species and core, these items can be used as beautiful finished products or can be used on interior parts. Feel free to contact us by phone 619.661.0667 or email us!
We offer a variety of species:
White Birch, Alder, Cherry, Walnut, Okoume, Meranti / Luan, Red & White Oak, Red Birch, Maple, Baltic Birch (Russian)